Application for the Jon C. Ladda Memorial Scholarship
I. Scholarship Criteria
1. Must be a child of a United States Naval Academy graduate or a member of the United States Navy who served in the submarine service, whose parent died on active duty or was medically retired (with 100% disability).
2. Scholarship is contingent upon acceptance and enrollment in an accredited four-year college or university, to include any of the United States Service Academies.
3. Scholarship is based on scholastic achievement, financial need and merit.
II. General Information
1. Disbursement of the award will be made to the prospective institution.
2. The scholarship is to be used for entrance fees with respect to any of the United States Military Academies, and for tuition, room and board for any other nonmilitary accredited four-year college or university.
3. The scholarship is renewable, however, an application is required for each academic year. For those re-applying, the essay will be changed annually.
4. The completed application must be postmarked by March 15 and no earlier than November 1 of the previous year.
5. The scholarship recipient will be notified by mail, in writing of his/her scholarship award on or about May 15.
6. The award decision of the scholarship committee will be final.
7. ALL INFORMATION RECEIVED SHALL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL.
Please print and attach the following parts:
Assemble the application in the following order:
3. Recommendation from teachers (at least 2)
4. Official high school transcript
5. Photocopy of SAT or ACT score report
Mail the above materials to the following address:
The Lt. Jon C Ladda Memorial Foundation
7 Gillette Way
Farmington, CT 06032
General Information: email@example.com